Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rythm Of The Rainfall !!

I was taking a walk on a cloudy day. I felt that it might rain that day or rather i needed it to. But i was not sure. I was not sure about many things. Life was becoming an Enigma !!

On the road i was able to see many things which could be disrupted if it rains. The road side shops did not have a concrete roof. It just had a layer of canvas on top. But neither did the people buying things nor the shop keeper seemed to bother about it. Atleast as long as their objectives were satisfied. Thats life !! Nobody looks above as long as they get what they want !! I pity God !!

I was able see children playing happily on the road side. They did not care about whether it would rain or not. They wanted to play. And they will, till it rained. That simple ! Everything in life was too simple to them. They did not have to worry about anything at all. Nor did they had to decide anything. They seemed to go with the flow of life. Is it not the way everyone should live their life? I wish i were one among them. Sometimes in life we can afford just to wish and envy !!

Then i saw a begger under a tree. He also did not seem to worry whether it would rain or not. Was it because he felt secured under the tree or was it because he was used to getting wet in rain? Life did not offer him anything great. In fact nothing at all. That put him in an advantageous position where he did not have to take care of anything.Or protect anything for that matter. A state of complete independence !! Is that a blessing or a curse?? Atleast for now, it seemed to be a blessing as i had many things to worry about and he did not have any!

I knew that if it rained, it would affect the happenings around me. The shop keeper, the children, the begger, everyone would have to run for a shelter. Will i also run? I laughed at myself. Even though i knew none of the people i mentioned would want it to rain, i wanted it to rain. Do i call myself Selfish?? But then i was living My Life and had expectations and preferences which will affect My Life and not others'. But why not? That is the beauty of living for oneself. One gets confused so easily !

I suddenly heard a noise from the clouds. Were they speaking to me? I looked up. A tiny droplet of water fell on my forehead. It felt refreshing beyond words. Then another droplet. Then another one..It continued. Finally it has arrived. I had to wait so long for it. But then the effect it produced made me feel it was worth the wait. Who will not want to wait if they are assured that their wait would be rewarded fairly??

The rythm with which it rained felt close to my heart. It coincided with the rythm of my heart itself. I had been waiting for this moment since long. When everybody ran away from rain, i simply walked on. When everybody fled just to avoid getting wet, I simply walked on. Guess why????

Because when i got drenched in rain, nobody would be able to see that i was Crying !!!

5 comments:

Ramya said...

hey damn sweet da... very touching... :)

Sankar Deiva said...

the last line is simply beautiful...

Sheks said...

Crying??YOU??I can't believe this.

$athya said...

machan,charlie chaplin mama sonnatha dappa adichuttiya..
plagiarism..plagiarism..!!!

it was gud da dogg..

Shady said...

Great expression of emotions..

The last line was the PUNCH...

Blog regularly man...